OUR SURGERY CHARTER: HELP US TO HELP YOU
Your doctor and their staff will always do their best for you but they need your help to provide the best care for all patients. Please support us by following these simple guidelines:
- Please treat your doctor and their staff as you would expect to be treated by them – with politeness and respect.
- Please cancel appointments you cannot attend or no longer need – somebody else is always waiting.
- Please think twice before calling a doctor to your home – is a visit really necessary?
- Please do not expect a prescription every time you visit the GP – good advice is often the best medicine.
- A second opinion is not always right but you can discuss it with your GP, who knows when to seek extra help.
- You can obtain basic health information elsewhere, for example from your pharmacist or NHS Direct.
- Please request your repeat prescriptions in good time as this will help avoid delays.
- Please remember that doctors are only human – they cannot cure all your problems and illnesses.
- If you do have a genuine complaint, please contact the Practice’s Business Manager in the first instance.